Parts supplier, Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators that need to be recalled. The issue affects 34 million+ vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in aut…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Airbags And Seat Belts Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2006 G6 air bag light comes on when driving 9 (100%)
- 2007 Solstice passenger airbag disabled 7 (78%)
- 2007 Solstice service airbag warning light on with bell 6 (67%)
- 2006 Solstice service airbag light on 5 (56%)
- 2006 Solstice passenger presence module stopped working 5 (56%)
- 2005 Bonneville airbag and seatbelt lights stay on 3 (33%)
- 1999 Grand Am airbags deploy with a small impact on front bumper 3 (33%)
's a flexible sensor mat in the passenger seat of your car and it's primary job is to evaluate who's sitting in the seat and turn the airbag on (for adults) or off (for kids).
Well, turns out it's not so flexible since GM announced the sensor can get damaged by – get this – sitting on the seat. Oh, what a world.
After nearly 1,000 complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), GM recalled 91,000 Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky cars.keep reading
S government has been petitioned to investigate alleged airbag defects in the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky.
If you're thinking yep, that sounds familiar, you wouldn't be alone. The top 3 complaints about the Solstice are all concerning the airbags. If it looks like a defect, and smells like a defect...
Specifically, the petition wants answers on why the passenger seat sensor mat kinks, folds, and eventually breaks.keep reading